Friday, 3 May 2013

How to change a nappy...

My pregnant friend sent me an email asking for nappy changing advice, it made me smile to remember how clueless I was about about nappies and baby care stuff when I was pregnant. I too was watching videos online and mildly freaking out that it would all be really difficult. But it never was. Looking after a baby is stupidly easy. I mean, the every day changing nappies putting them in the bath getting them dressed stuff. You do it twice and then you're fine.

But being a mother is difficult. Possibly because making that adjustment to baby world is so huge, it requires a complete change of gear and of thought processes. Maybe everyone's cluelessness of how to change a nappy is a symptom of how little we really know of that world, until it springs upon us.